School Meals

At Middlethorpe we offer a nutritional balanced freshly cooked meal every day which is cooked fresh on site.  There is a choice of a main meal, jacket potato with filling or a grab bag, there is a selection of fruit, vegetables and a salad bar everyday.

All meals need ordering in advance via MCAS app as follows:

  • School meals have to be ordered 7 days in advance
  • Meals must be paid for within two hours of ordering online otherwise the order with be cancelled
  • All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to a free school meal, however they still need to order their child's meal on MCAS app
  • The cost of a school meal for the rest of the children is £2.25 unless they are entitled to free school meals


Free School Meals

You can claim free school meals for a child if they are in full-time education, you are responsible for the child, and you get at least one of the following benefits:

  • Income Support
  • income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
  • Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
  • Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £14,100 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)

If you receive child tax credit and working tax credit, your child will not qualify for free school meals.


Universal Free School Meals

Even if your child receives Universal Free School Meal (Reception, year 1 and year 2) it is still important to make an application as the school will receive additional funding, known as the pupil premium, for every eligible pupil.


Apply for Free School Meals

You can apply for free school meals through North East Lincolnshire council's link below, or through a paper form available at the school office.