Special Educational Needs and/or Disability (SEND) offer at Middlethorpe
At Middlethorpe Primary Academy, we believe that each child is unique and that during his/her time at Middlethorpe may be in need of special consideration or support, either in the long or short term.
At Middlethorpe Primary Academy, we are an inclusive academy in which children of all abilities and from all cultures and backgrounds are valued equally.
At Middlethorpe Primary Academy, we are strongly committed to raising the aspirations of and the expectations for all pupils and we provide a focus on outcomes for children and not just provision/support.
Each child has access to a broad and balanced curriculum that meets their needs, builds on their strengths and abilities and enables them to progress appropriately.
At Middlethorpe Primary Academy we believe therefore that a child with special educational needs should have their needs met. In meeting these needs, the academy believes in the collaboration between child, parents/carers and academy staff.
Through a collaborative approach, we will always endeavour to listen to your concerns and anxieties, which can arise when our children are experiencing difficulties in any form, and work with you in resolving those issues. You will be invited in for regular reviews of your child’s progress and attainment, however we are always available to talk to you either by telephone or arranging a meeting that fits better around your commitments.
If you would prefer to contact us via email do not hesitate to send your questions, queries or ideas to our Senco email@example.com
- Identify children with Special Educational Needs as early as possible
- Ensure that all pupils have access to a broad, balanced and differentiated curriculum
- Create an environment that meets the special needs of each pupil
- Encourage pupils to develop confidence and self-esteem and to recognise the value of their own contributions to their learning
- Make clear the expectations of all partners in the process and provision of special needs
- Ensure parents are kept fully informed and are engaged in effective communication about their child’s SEN.
- During their time at Middlethorpe, a child’s social, emotional or educational needs may change. These will be recognised and addressed.
SEND and the Local Offer – North East Lincolnshire Council
The Local Offer is the place on the North East Lincolnshire website that provides and directs you to information that will support children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). The Local Offer helps parents, children and young people aged 0 to 25 years find information about specialist and targeted services or activities in North East Lincolnshire.
NELC SEND Newsletter